Friday, January 4, 2008

Must Have Book for New moms

I absolutely love "Nursing: The First Two Months." I received it free during my hospital stay and have found a wealth of information. This book has helped me tremendously through my first few weeks at home with Patty. It's not just about nursing, but also gives information on uterine bleeding after childbirth, differences in what to expect from a vaginal vs. cesarean delivery and has great advice on dealing with fatigue. Most of the issues that I have dealt with thus far were succinctly addressed. The pamphlet is provided by Mead Johnson (makers of Enfamil) so it was included in my Enfamil diaper bag at the hospital. If you don't see it in your delivery room, just ask for it. I'm sure that one of the nurses will be able to get you one for no cost. If you want to order one, the book is extremely inexpensive compared to the information that is offered.

The Nursing Mother's Companion

No comments: