Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pediatrician Appointment

Patty went to the pediatrician yesterday. During her examination the doctor gave me some good information. Since her crusty eye may be due to a clogged tear duct instead of conjunctivitis, she instructed me to use my pinky finger and gently press the corner of her eye that is closest to her nose a few times a day. The watery stools that I thought was diarrhea are normal for breastfed babies. However I'm going to continue to add a little bit of baby cereal to her milk because watery poop is too messy. Also she seems satiated and rests longer when she has more sustenance with her milk. There is one more issue that will have to be addressed with her feet, but I will get to that later. Overall she is a very healthy little girl.

No comments: