Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cesarean Healing

I'm finally feeling better from the cesarean. It was very difficult for the first 2 weeks because a blood clot was sitting directly on my incision and swelling had appeared. There was limited walking and very painful mornings when trying to get out of bed. Thankfully my husband has been there to support me all the way through this. FMLA leave is a blessing indeed. The pain and swelling has diminished greatly. Today I only had to take one pain pill and that was an 800mg Ibuprofen. I'm getting better slowly but surely. My darling daughter Patty is thriving. She is breastfeeding vigorously and following all the milestones for a little person of 2 weeks old. Her umbilical cord fell off yesterday from all the alcohol washings so we decided to give her a real baby bath today. Although she enjoyed it, I still feel as if she is too little and I'm going back to sponge baths until she is bigger. I never knew I would feel so much love for one person. She is just what I dreamed she would be.

No comments: