Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thanks but No Thanks Auntie

I told you the other day that my sister decided she would start coming to my home to make sure that someone was here in case I went into labor. Keep in mind that I directly requested that none of my family be present until the baby is born. I do not want extra stress from their personal horror stories during my labor. Well I guess the fact that she lives more than an hour away has not deterred her because she showed up unannounced at my home today. My husband took the day off because he wasn't feeling well and I was about to go to the store with my neighbor. I talked with my sister for a few minutes then informed her that I was just about to step out. She told me that I must have an epidural so that I do not pass out and requested that I print directions from her home to the hospital. UGH!!! I kindly told her that I would give them to her at the baby shower. I am seriously considering asking my doctor for an induction so that I can avoid her. I can't tell her no if she is here when I start labor because she will drive me to the hospital. If I say she can't come in after we get there, she will act as if I have committed a sin. What is a new mother to do?

No comments: