Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Baby Showers are Big Business

I decided to catch up with a with a friend last night and to my surprise they begin to discuss my baby shower without any provocation from me. I must say that I should have been prepared for their viewpoint on the possibility of the occasion being a disaster, but I tried to dismiss their pessimism for their normal personality. Despite having every thing I need for my little bundle of joy and only looking at this as a family get together, I decided to inform my sisters of this person's comments. Even before the silence ensued, I could sense the person on the end of the phone line turning red with rage. Needless to say, my little one may end up with more than the nursery can hold as well as a reputation of having the most glamorous baby shower in all of history. I have been to many of these events and never realized that they are just as competitive as bridal showers. I'm a new mom to be and I'm slowly learning about the "rules of engagement" in these matters. Dear Lord just help me through it all.

No comments: