Monday, November 26, 2007

Water Baby

I've been drinking like a horse for the past month. There is no point during the day where I do not have a cup by my side. It has to be cold and filled with ice. I prefer to drink slushies all day, but I don't have the energy to make them every hour. I get up at night to release the pressure on my bladder, yet with each bathroom trip I have to tackle another gulp of water. Recently I've also noticed that I want to drop to the ground and eat dirt. Back where I am originally from, I could ask an old lady to supply me with edible chalk, but as I'm a city girl now there aren't many people here who are even aware of what I am talking about. I have a suspicion that an iron deficiency is lurking about, so I will have the doctor check my hemoglobin this week. I really don't want to take an iron supplement (even within a multivitamin) but I know I have to do what is necessary to maintain a healthy body for me and my baby.

No comments: