Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Prenatal Vitamins Made Me Sick So...

Before my pregnancy and up to 12 weeks after my pregnancy I took standard prenatal vitamins. I was terribly sick, so my doctor told me to stop taking them and make sure I eat healthy. About 2 weeks ago he requested that I start taking them again and wrote a prescription. I had flashbacks and a all panic attack at the thought of being bed ridden again. I decided that there must be an alternative. A church member told me that she had taken flintstone vitamins during her pregnancy and it worked well for her. I made a beeline for the local walmart pharmacy to find a tasty vitamin that would not cause me to lose my happiness. It was amazing to see the variety of candy flavored supplements available. As soon as I saw the gummi bears, I knew that this was the answer to my problem. Every day I take 2 (per the directions for adults) and it is just like taking candy. The main thing missing is Iron. That is great for me because that is what caused my constipation early on. I eat a very healthy and varied diet so I'm not concerned about malnutrition, but I at least wanted to be cooperative with the health care I am currently receiving. Of course this may not be right for you, but check with your OBGYN any way if you aren't taking anything.

No comments: