Thursday, November 29, 2007

List for Prenatal Visits

I'm at the point now that I write down all my questions before I go to the doctor's office. Instead of trying to remember 4 different problems, such as a rash, fetal movement, abdominal pain, or anything else, I just list them one by one, suggest a reason, and ask for medicine if I need it. This system has made my appointments very simple. I strongly suggest to all pregnant women that if you are having multiple problems a list with symptoms is much easier to deal with than a long drawn out conversation where you are trying to figure out if you remember every thing.

Example List
1. Rash Under Breast
-Itchy
2. Craving Ice and Dirt
-Check for Iron Deficiency
3. Late Term Nausea and Vomiting
-Help!!!

I'm being a bit playful, but this should give you an idea of what I mean. Try it during your next doctor's appointment and see if it makes things easier for you.

No comments: