Monday, November 19, 2007

Does the baby weigh more than a ham?

Earlier today the baby was growling for a bite to eat, so my neighbor fixed turkey sandwiches for everyone. After talking to her for while about the pros and cons of inducing labor before the Christmas holiday, we go out to do some Thanksgiving grocery shopping. I wobble my pregnant belly over to the cashier, pay for my items and realize that my bill was a little high. After perusing the receipt, I discover that the ham my neighbor thought was eight dollars turned out to be $15!!. I laugh and we are directed to customer service. I smiled and told the representative that they should not charge such high prices for a piece of meat and that I would like a refund. He promptly does some tricky math gives me back a little over $8 and tells us to keep the ham. I don't know if it was her good looks or "the customer is always right" attitude; but I said thank you and goodbye before he changed his mind.

No comments: