Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gas Relief

I have been severely uncomfortable for over a week now but thought it was due to the baby being too large. Yesterday I vomited, urinated on myself, and had diarrhea. I was convinced that during my next appointment I was going to request an induction due to the effect this was having on me mentally. It occurred to me that my digestive system had not produced much waste lately besides the diarrhea. I purchased a case of fiber (and iron) laced nutrition drinks and ate a fiber bar. Without being gross, I must say that I feel very well today. All the pressure has been released, I'm not as thirsty as I have been and I'm able to move around the house comfortably (at least for now). This is not the first time I have had severe constipation during my pregnancy, but it was months ago and it slipped my mind. I am 36 weeks today (38 wks from my records) and I feel that I'm going to make it to the birthing process without extra medical intervention. Tonight we go to our newborn care class and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: